UWA Open Day is the best opportunity to see what a university has to offer and speak with real teachers, students and graduates to get your questions answered. At UWA Open Day, you’ll be able to get a vibe for what studying, socialising and even living at UWA will look like – all in one day.
Here’s a helpful guide to make sure you enjoy every minute – and get all the info you need along the way!
BEFORE UWA OPEN DAY
1. Browse courses
Whether you already know what you want to study or are still seeking inspiration, check out what’s on offer so you can come to UWA Open Day and attend talks and ask about the courses that interest you most.
2. Plan your day
Register for UWA Open Day now to help you decide which tours, talks and sessions to attend. Once you register, you’ll receive an email with a link to start planning your day. Make sure you’re aware of the times of any info sessions you’re keen to attend beforehand and check the locations on the map if you’re unsure where to go.
3. Prepare some questions
Here are some suggested questions to get you brainstorming.
- Are there any special features in your course like internships, study tours or projects with industry?
- What types of careers have graduates in this degree gone into?
- What study combinations are possible and how much flexibility is there in this course?
- What opportunities are there to develop my career and employability skills?
- What support services are available?
- What sports and clubs/societies are there at UWA?
- What are my accommodation options?
- Are there any volunteering opportunities?
- Could I be eligible for a scholarship?
- What are the entry and admission pathways available?
- Phone – don’t forget to take photos of the campus grounds and facilities so you can remember all your favourite spots.
- Notebook and pen/laptop – vital for taking notes!
- Sunblock, hat and sunglasses – it’s important to always be sun smart!
- Water – bring along a water bottle to refill at our water stations.
- Comfy shoes (and clothes) – we’ve placed the event activities all over campus so that you can explore all the hidden gems around UWA. So come prepared to get your steps up – especially if you’re taking a tour.
ON UWA OPEN DAY
1. Arrive early
UWA Open Day runs from 10am to 3pm so you have plenty of time to get all your questions answered, but don’t leave it too late in the day! Come just after 10am so you have time to tick off everything on your list. Once you’re done, chill out, grab a bite to eat, listen to live music and wander around the rest of the campus and imagine yourself here!
2. Fuel your stomach
It can be thirsty work planning your future, so don’t forget to take a break and enjoy some lunch or refreshments from The Refectory in the heart of campus or at one of the food trucks while listening to live music from Conservatorium of Music students and Electronic Music Appreciation Society.
3. Follow us on socials
If you don’t already, follow us at @universitywa and use the hashtag #UWAOpenDay to share your photos from the day with us.
4. Ask your questions
UWA Open Day is the place to get clarity on the next steps in your education journey. There’s also more to life than study, so once you’ve asked academics about course content and structure, be sure to chat with students and grads about uni life. Both are important factors for your time at university.
5. Don't miss out on the fun stuff!
You'll have the chance to grab a bite to eat, win prizes, enjoy yoga on the grass and meet your favourite Western Force players at Oak Lawn. Plus, there’s food trucks on Great Court (nearby Winthrop Hall) and DJ’s playing live music. There will also be lawn games, free popcorn and cookies plus hands-on activities like the dental simulation, check out the full program here.
6. Keep yourself and others safe
We encourage you to do your best to maintain social distancing, wash your hands regularly and stay home if you are feeling unwell.
AFTER UWA OPEN DAY
If you have any questions remaining after attending, get in touch with our friendly Future Students team who will be happy to answer all your queries.
131 UWA (131 892)
8.30am–5.00pm (AWST), Monday to Friday
Book a virtual consultation
View FAQs or ask your own question
If you haven't already, make sure you register now for UWA Open Day – Sunday, 12 March 2023.