Still wondering if Perth or The University of Western Australia is the right choice for you? The transition to university life can be a little overwhelming, especially if you’re planning to pack your bags and move to another country!
We asked some of our current international students for their top university advice for anyone who is considering studying at UWA in Perth.
Here is what five of our international students have to say:
Take a leap of faith
- Calvin Lee from Malaysia, Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Marketing and Management
Get involved on campus
“I’d recommend that international students get involved in campus life. There over 180 clubs covering different areas, including a Harry Potter club, which is interesting, and even a Taylor Swift fans club!
UWA also runs a lot of social sport, which is a great way to make friends and exercise and be healthy.”
- Anna Luo from China, Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Finance and German Studies
Be open minded
“The advice I’d give to international students studying in Perth is be open-minded and ready to embrace diversity, jump out of your comfort zone push yourself a little bit further.
Make sure to say yes to new opportunities you might come across.”
- Phoebe Long from China, Master of Business Information and Logistics Management
- Sophie Trinh from Vietnam, Bachelor of Environmental Design, majoring in Architecture
Seek advice when you need to
“UWA offers employment advice to students, to help you plan your career path. You can also get a Uni Mentor that you can ask questions to, such as about a particular study area or finding a job in Australia.”
- Anna Pak from Hong Kong (SAR), Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology, Environmental Geography and Planning